Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Thoughts: Evolution of Card Boarded

Since I started this blog several months ago, I've gotten more and more into the design and aesthetic sides of hockey cards. I've recreated several existing sets and have attempted to create a few of my own original designs as well.

It's a learning process as I get more and more skilled with Inkscape each and every day. That's the program with which I've created all of the title banners for the blog and I thought it was interesting to see the evolution of it over these first few months.

I seem to want to change something about it every few days and it gets better every time. This is only current up to today, but I'm sure it will be ever-changing.


As you can see, the banner design has come a long way from the initial design. I like to keep the cards integrated because they are the heart and soul of this blog and what makes it even more interesting is that every one of those cards has been or will be featured.

Like I said earlier, Inkscape is a learning process that takes time, but as you can tell I'm getting the hang of it. I'm not sure how many more of these there will be, but I can guarantee each one will be better than its predecessor.

No comments:

Post a Comment