Monday, April 19, 2010

Card Show Pickups

I made it out to the card show on Saturday and I think I definitely got my moneys worth. I came away with some great finds. These included some singles, sets and boxes.

The first thing I came across while searching through a box of inserts was this 2002-03 BAP The Mask II Roberto Luongo. I was only $2 so I snatched it right up.


The next thing I came across, from the same table, was an insert set for only $3. The reason I grabbed this set was the fact that it was a complete Pinnacle Masks Set, 1992-93 to be exact. While these are not as flashy as the Luongo type Masks cards, they are still sweet looking cards with the old school masks.


I also found one other set from the same table for $3 as well. This time it was the 1993-94 Leaf Painted Warriors set. This is another goalie themed set with some sweet masks. 


Beyond the Luongo and these two sets, I was looking for some boxes to break and managed to come away with two of them. The first was 1995-96 Pinnacle and the second was 2008-09 Fleer Ultra. I will have those two box breaks posted in the near future.

Notice something in common with these three pick ups? These purchases are the beginning of steering my collection towards mainly goaltenders, especially the mask cards. I only have three of them right now, but hopefully that will change soon. 

Other than the mask cards, there are so many goaltender-bases sets and insert sets out there. One collector in particular has the best goalie collection I've ever seen, with over 400 different sets and nearly 7,000 cards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment