Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My Picks # 19: Patrick Roy

This pick goes back the mid 90's again. Its a 1994-95 Flair Hot Numbers Patrick Roy. As much as I dislike Roy from his Avalanche days, this card is pretty sharp.


Its another one of the great insert sets back before jersey cards became prevalent in the hobby. Back then the insert sets were decent looking as you can see.

There were 10 cards in the set and it had a pretty good selection of players, including Gretzky, Lemieux, Bure, Hasek and others. What's great about them is they were printed on nice thick card stock so they have a premium feel to them. 

It seems like all of my picks have been coming from the mid 90's lately and the are for good reason. This was a great time for me collecting cards. I was just getting into collecting and there was a vast selection of sets to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment