Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Picks # 21: Dominik Hasek

This pick comes from 1995-96 Topps again. This time it's a Hidden Gems card featuring Dominik Hasek. It's another card I got from purchasing 800-count boxes of commons back in the day from the local card shop.


It's an awesome looking card to say the least, the only problem with it is the black border that is not in great shape anymore. It looks much better in your hand as the scanner does not do well with the holographic background. 

The design is pretty clever with the holographic gemstone background and the individual gemstone designs around each of the letters.

I find it interesting how the layering of the images works with respect to the "Hidden Gems" text. Dom's blocker is above all of the gemstone designs, but below the text. I would have thought that putting the gemstones in front of the blocker would have been the way to go, but what do I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment