Saturday, May 22, 2010

My Picks # 32: Steve Shields

Well I've hit a bit of a lull in new additions to my collection so I will probably be posting more of these on a regular basis for the foreseeable future. Anyway, this pick is one that showcases one of the coolest goalie masks in recent years. It's a Steve Shields from 2003-04 Topps, specifically a blue border O-Pee-Chee parallel numbered 494/500.


There's nothing better than a base card  featuring a goalie mask. There are not enough closeup shots like this in my opinion. This was one thing I liked about the flagship set from Topps, it seemed to always have a nice variety of photos.

As far as the mask goes, it has to be the greatest tribute mask out there. If there's one better I have yet to see it. It's something unique and that is always a plus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment