Sunday, May 30, 2010

My Picks # 34: Andreychuk/Nicholls

For this pick I'm going to do something a little different and double dip. These two cards come from the same set and I wanted to show them off together. They are from the 1998-99 BAP Milestones set. The first is a Dave Andreychuk 500 goals card and the second is a Bernie Nicholls 1000 points card. The coolest thing about these cards is they are die-cut in the shape of the number of each milestone.


I think these came from a large box of commons I purchased quite a while ago. I remember thinking they were the coolest thing back when I was a kid. They're great cards, printed on a very thick card stock, and they look so much better when you're actually holding them. 

2 comments:

  1. Very cool set.

    Is it me or is it weird to see both of those guys in Devils' jerseys? I guess it is the team that they accomplished the feat in....but to me, it's definitely not the team I remember them best with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it is kind of weird seeing them both with New jersey, but that is where both of the milestones took place. I believe that is the case with the entire set.

    ReplyDelete