Sunday, July 4, 2010

My Picks # 37: Martin Brodeur

This pick is a little bit on the old side and comes from 1999-00 Black Diamond. Its a Martin Brodeur insert from the Diamonation insert set, you have to love the play on words with that one. 


I don't know what it is about this set, but I really like the overall design. The diamond pattern in the background is just awesome. Really cool looking font with the "Diamonation" too. 

The design is pretty simple with the obligatory UD logo in the upper right corner and the Black Diamond logo centered at the bottom. Its hard to see, but Marty's name is between the Black Diamond logo and "Diamonation" and it says "Devils - G" at the very bottom. 

I also like the use of the team colors, red in this case, for the primary background color. I only know this because I have a Mighty Ducks one with a teal background. 

Overall not a bad insert set coming from Black Diamond, it could have been much, much worse. Its one of those sets I wouldn't mind building if I had the time to do it.

Finally, Happy 4th of July to everyone. Let's all celebrate America's 234th birthday in style with some illegal fireworks (at least the good ones are around here), just don't burn the neighborhood down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment