Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Captured on Cardboard #3: Todd Marchant

There's nothing better than game seven of a playoff series and that is the focus of this installment of Captured on Cardboard. I was going through a stack of cards on my desk and came across this Todd Marchant from 97-98 Upper Deck. The caption on the card says it all.


I love the photo on this card. It's the perfect picture of a breakaway, you've got the shooter against the goalie, and what makes this one even better is the defenseman diving from behind with his stick in a failed attempt to stop the scoring chance.

As far as the moment that's actually being captured on cardboard here, let's take a look at the video. Around the 0:10 mark is where it looks like this photo was taken, right before the puck hits the back of the net and the Oilers defeated the Stars.



Like I said in my last post in this series, the Game Dated Upper Deck card would make another appearance. Hopefully I can find some more cards like the Franzen that aren't geared toward these kind of moments. Either way though, it's really cool to be able to pause the video when the picture was taken and look at the card side by side, especially if the photo is from a different angle than the video. 

1 comment:

  1. That is a fantastic photo. I can't recall ever seeing that card before. It's one that has slipped by me. How did I manage to miss that one?

    Great concept for a blog post as well. Really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete