Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Picks # 49: Dwayne Roloson

A few weeks back, for my 47th pick in this series, I highlighted an Andrei Trefilov card featuring the Sabres logo on his leg pads. In that post, I mentioned that I had never seen that on a card before, and wouldn't you know it, I found another one.


This one is a Dwayne Roloson from 1997-98 Pinnacle depicting the goaltender with the Calgary Flames. As you can see from the scan, he has the Flames logo in the same place Terfilov had the Sabres logo. 

That's not all though, Roloson took it one step further with his gear. Notice his blocker? It looks like the only place he doesn't have the Flames logo is on his glove. You have to like when goalies do unique things with their equipment, even if it's something like this. 

As far as the design of the card, I really like this set. The Pinnacle logo is nicely placed in the corner and the vertical first name bar and last name text don't take up that much space. This leaves plenty of room for the picture, and this set definitely has some unique shots. 

1 comment:

  1. How about that mask!!!! And those pads! You hit the nail on the head - great blocker.

    Sadly he does not know how to hold his stick.

    Very nice!

    ReplyDelete