Monday, December 27, 2010

Pack Break: 2010-11 Black Diamond x3

In addition to the UD series one blaster box and rack packs, I got three packs of 2010-11 Black Diamond. They all came packaged together in one blister pack.


I've seen a lot of Black Diamond breaks on the forums and I wasn't overly impressed with the results, but hey I can't complain, these were gifts. I ended up getting nothing but base in the first two packs and a no-name rookie in the third pack. 


This Martin Havlat is your typical base single diamond card. The design isn't too bad overall, it's just impossible to get these things to show up on the scanner the way I want them to. 


This Jonathan Towes quad diamond is probably the most valuable card I pulled from the three packs. The only difference between this and the Havlat is the actual number of diamonds on the front of the card in the upper left corner. 


It's almost impossible to read, but this rookie gem features Dana Tryrell of the Tampa Bay Lightning. Never heard of him, but hey a rookie card is a rookie card right. Tyrell was Tampa's 47th overall pick in the 2007 entry draft. 

Not bad for three packs. I don't see myself buying any more packs or boxes of this stuff though. The only reason I want anything further to do with Black Diamond is the Jimmy Howard base and parallel cards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment