Sunday, December 12, 2010

Pack Break: 2010-11 UD Series 1 Rack Pack

I've seen quite a few breaks of 2010-11 Upper Deck Series 1 on the forums and wanted to give it a try. I know the racks packs typically won't produce anything spectacular, but that's ok as I was just hoping to check out the base cards.


I am getting really sick of Upper Deck putting Crosby on everything. Try something else for a change (i.e. Artifacts or Black Diamond with Towes on the front). I get that he's the so-called face of hockey and what not, but come on give some other players some love.


This Zetterberg is one of the better base cards from the pack. I really like the picture on this one, especially the ice flying as he is stopping with the puck. 


This Ryan O'Reilly is another one that stood out to me when sorting through the pack. The picture is great, a nice closeup shot of the action that's real in your face. 


Sometimes horizontal cards don't work too well, that wasn't the case here. I really like this Brian Boucher. It's got a great wide action shot, with the focus on Boucher making a glove save on Kovalchuk. 


I always like to see how the checklists are done for a given set. This one isn't that bad, I like how they used three players from the Hawks for the first 100 cards and the Flyers for the second 100 cards, or the two teams from last year's final. 


I like the idea for this insert set, but it just looks horrible. The only reason I would want another one of these is to add the Jimmy Howard from the set to my collection.


Again, I like the idea of this set, but the execution is awful. It just looks like a really cheap card. I wish they would stop putting these extra inserts sets exclusively in the rack packs. The inserts from Score and Victory are better than this. 

All I can really say about this break is that the base cards are nice. 

2 comments:

  1. I also like the idea of the two checklists featuring the Flyers and Blackhawks. It might have been a nice touch to have used pictures from the actual Cup finals, y'know, the sweaters with the Cup patches on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would've made a lot more sense.

    ReplyDelete