Monday, January 24, 2011

SCE Super Script Update

Now this is more like it, two Super Scripts in the last two weeks. I am learning more and more though, that I will most likely see any given card from this set only once, which means I have to jump at every opportunity to add one to the collection.

This Fred Brathwaite numbered 05/25 is the other one I was referring to in my last post. It was up for grabs for $15, so I couldn't pass it up.


This one, like the Sean Hill, had been up for grabs for quite a while when I pulled the trigger on it. This one also comes from a place where I haven't bought from yet: CheckOutMyCards. I was weary of purchasing from this site as I haven't in the past, but it worked out and I now have 16 Super Scripts in the collection.

Brathwaite is only the second goalie I've added to the Super Script collection next to Dominik Hasek. He is also the first Flame in the collection. Maybe a goal for this set could be to get at least one from each team. That's probably more attainable than the entire set itself.

As far as continuing the set, I'm currently trying to work out a trade for a Brian Leetch, hopefully it works out.  Other than that, if you have one or ever come across one of these, I would really appreciate any information as they are getting harder to find.

2 comments:

  1. I have a bead on a Kuba /25 and 3 or 4 golds. I'll let you know how I make out on those.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very jealous of your Brathwaite! I'm pretty much the only Brathwaite collector in the world. Nice pick up!

    ReplyDelete