Monday, May 9, 2011

My Picks # 59: Theoren Fleury

Here's another pick I've chosen just because of the picture on the front of the card. It's a Theoren Fleury from the 2002-03 Pacific base set, which features a kind of unique action shot. 

One of the first things I notice about this one is the fact that Fleury is helmet-less, followed by the fact that he is batting the puck straight up in the air, obviously during warm-ups. 

I like this one because you don't see a ton of cards that feature warm-up shots, especially ones where the player is working on hand-eye coordination like this one. The ones you do see usually feature players stretching, which is unique in itself, but not as cool as this. 


Even though I chose this for the photo alone, I still really like the design of this set. Kind of makes me miss all of the old Pacific sets as they were usually pretty sharp like this. They always have a simple design that's easy on the eyes, something I wish there was more of in base card design nowadays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment