Sunday, June 26, 2011

Card Show Recap

Earlier this week I mentioned I was planning on heading out to Mt. Clemens, MI for another card show at Gibraltar Trade Center.

I got to the show around 2:00 pm and surprisingly it wasn't all that crowded. There were probably somewhere around 50 tables set up, of which I found eight or so to be appealing and three to be useful.

As far as the appealing and non-useful tables, two were nothing but wax boxes, which I told myself I wasn't going to get sucked into this time around. The one thing I did notice at one of these tables is that I definitely bought my box of Certified at the right time back in January. I got it for $80 then and it was stickered for $115 now. I guess that's what supply and demand will do for you.

As far as the useful tables, two of them had primarily Red Wings stuff and the other had monster box after monster box of cards marked anywhere from $1 to $25.

Between these three tables, I ended up making four purchases for a total of 12 new additions to my Howard collection. I got a few rookies and some inserts among other things, which I will share later.

No comments:

Post a Comment