Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Card Show This Weekend

Since I started this whole blogging thing, I've made it out to two card shows. That doesn't seem like all that much for a year and a half, but aside from heading to the national expos, this is the only practical card show for me to attend.

The one coming up this weekend is again at The Gibraltar Trade Center in Mt. Clemens, MI. It's nice because this show is only about an hour drive from my place and it's the only one I can find around here that takes place on a regular basis.


It's usually a decent sized show, as you can see by the picture I grabbed from their website, which is nice. The only downside for me is the fact that Red Wings stuff, and therefore and Jimmy Howard stuff, is over priced. 

Regardless, this time I'm going in with a pretty extensive want list for my Howard collection. I'm hoping to knock a few base cards off the list and possibly some of the higher end stuff.

One thing I do want to do is avoid buying any boxes this time, although sometimes the deals are pretty tempting. I would much rather take the money I would spend on a box and put it towards singles for my Howard collection, as the last few boxes I've bought haven't exactly been worth it.

So if anyone is in Michigan this weekend, be sure to check it out.

1 comment:

  1. looks like a great show.

    go for those singles from a few years back... this year's are always overpriced because they're new.... they'll be cheaper next year.

    ReplyDelete