Friday, September 30, 2011

My Picks # 77: Jamie Storr

What's in your wallet? That's what popped in my head when I first saw this one. I got it from Chris over at Confessions of a Hockey Card Addict as part of the trade we made a little while back. I'd never seen one of these before and decided it had to be my next pick.

In case you're wondering, like I was at first, this credit card shaped card featuring Jamie Storr of the LA Kings is from the 1995-96 Leaf Studio Rookies set. It's got rounded corners, the raised text at the bottom, and even a neat little hologram in the lower right corner, just like actual credit cards. The only major difference is the size, as this is your typical 2.5" x 3.5" hockey card, while a credit card would typically measure about 2.125" x 3.375."


I don't usually show off the back's of the picks, but this one definitely needed it. As you can see they really went for the full look of a credit card with the black strip across the top as well as the facsimile "authorized" signature. Pretty cool if you ask me, or at least it's something you don't see every day.


Not really sure about the motivation behind this design, but it's still pretty nifty. Apparently there are 20 of these floating around out there, yet this is the first time I've ever seen one. Anyone else have any of these or seen them before?

3 comments:

  1. I have one, Oleg Tverdosky. Kind of nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I have this card and i will like to know the price of it. Wathing for an answer. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's some info from COMC:

      http://www.comc.com/Cards/Hockey/1995-96/Leaf_Studio_Rookies/13/Jamie_Storr/224826

      Delete