Saturday, October 29, 2011

Goaltending Gallimaufry: A New Trio

Gallimaufry [gal-uh-maw-free] A hodgepodge; jumble; confused medley.

It's been a while now since I've updated this project, so it's nice to finally be able to do so. Back when I started the project, I searched high and low through my binders and boxes for cards that fit the requirements, and I did managed to come up with a few. That's where this trio comes in, they're were just the next three in the stack I had waiting to be scanned.

The first is this Mikael Tellqvist from 2005-06 Upper Deck. This one is a bit unique as he's not wearing different color equipment from signing as a free agent or being traded, as I believe they are from international competition with Sweden. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though, I'm not that in tune with what goes on in Toronto.


The second one is this Dieter Kochan from 2002-03 Between The Pipes, back when they actually had and NHL license and could show the actual team logos. As you can see in the picture, Kochan is shown with the Wild, but obviously has equipment from his time in Tampa Bay, where he spent the previous three seasons.


Finally, the third one is this Jose Theodore from 1996-97 Pinnacle Summit. The picture is from his rookie season with the Habs, but you can see that he was still wearing his silver and black gear from his time with the Hull Olympiques of the QMJHL. I really hope I can find more cards from this time period, as there were some crazy base designs back then. 


So there's another nice mix to add to the project. I would say of the three the Kochan has the most noticeable differences between equipment and uniform, but to each their own. 

Goaltending Gallimaufry Count: 28

2 comments:

  1. Wow... nice flash from the past. I used to collect Mr. Theodore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice additions. I actually had that Theodore card set off to the side to email you a scan of for the colletion...its just this whole loss of power thing that was holding me back!

    ReplyDelete