Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My Picks # 78: Luc Robitaille

It's been a few days now since I've have the time to put together another one of these posts, so it's nice to be able to sit down tonight for a few minutes and write something about the hobby I love. This will be one of the older picks I've done, as it dates back to the early 90's, also known as the junk wax era for hockey cards. 

It's one of the awesome team checklist painting cards that Upper Deck used for a couple of seasons back then. This one, from the 1992-93 set, just happened to catch my eye when I was sorting through a box of base cards recently and I thought it would make a good candidate for this series. 


There is really nothing bad to say about this card at all, well maybe except for Luc's hair, but that was the "in" style back then, right? I wouldn't know, I was only four years old when this set came out. Other than that, this is just an amazing looking card.

The colorful background really works well with the black and white of the Kings uniforms. Add to that the sprayed ice effect, as well as the whole thing set inside a simple white border, and we've got a winner. Even the UD logo doesn't look too out of place on this one, and I must say I like the addition of the "collector's choice" text at the bottom. 

That's all I have to say about this one. What do you guys think? 

1 comment:

  1. I have a few of these, great looking cards - they should bring 'em back. The Belfour portrait was/is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete