Thursday, March 1, 2012

Jimmy Howard: Another $0.99 Special

Like I said in my last Howard show and tell post, I'm trying to stay on the cheaper side as far as purchasing cards lately. That leaves me hoping for auctions ending with just the one initial bid of $0.99. This one was another pleasant surprise as I watched the auction count down to the last few seconds as I was the only bidder.

This time it was for a beige parallel from 2005-06 Beehive. Here's a look at it:


One thing that's cool about this card that I never noticed before is the different finishes on the front of it. It's hard to tell from the scan, but the photo area is actually glossy and the perimeter is a kind of matte finish. It gives the card an interesting look.

Other than that it's just too bad that they were unable to put a facsimile auto on this one. While the cursive font looks nice, it's just not the same. Click here to see what I'm talking about. This one doesn't look so great compared to the others, does it?

Now I just need to track down the blue, gold, and matte parallels, the last of which is only numbered to 25 and the only copy floating around for sale is graded and way out of my price range. The blue is pretty common, I just don't want to pay a ton for it.

1 comment: