Thursday, March 8, 2012

Jimmy Howard: Limited Jersey

Man have I been busy at work this week. Normally I have plenty of time on my lunch break to post here, but this week I've been busy with something from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm every day. It's nice to be able to sit down tonight and actually get this post out of the way now. 

I mentioned recently that I've been trying to keep my card spending to a minimum lately, without stopping completely of course. Ebay has made that goal pretty easy lately with a bunch of stuff ending on the cheap side. While this one isn't another $0.99 special, it only cost me $6 delivered.

It's a 2011-12 Limited base jersey card numbered 02/99.I love the design of the Limited base set this year, especially the scratched ice kind of texture over the background of the pictures. I also like how the player is the only thing in color, it really makes them pop.


It's definitely an upgrade over last year's design even though it's actually pretty simple. The other thing I like about this one is the fact that the swatch on the front of the card actually matches the color of the jersey pictured on the card. Although if you want to get technical, a white swatch could've come from the same jersey just as easily, right?

That's it for tonight. This one brings my Jimmy Howard collection total to 111, as evident by the updated sidebar tracker.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pickup! I'm a big fan of these Limited swatches, for all of the reasons you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete