Tuesday, May 15, 2012

UD Rookie Showcase Update

Before I get into the 12 pack break posts I've got coming up from my recent "extreme value" box pickup, I've got a few mailday posts to get to. The first is one for a set I've yet to make much progress on, 2005-06 UD Rookie Showcase. I ended up winning this Ryan Suter, unintentionally at that, for just $0.99 plus shipping.

I say unintentionally because I threw up another "placeholder" bid at $0.99 figuring it would go at least a bid or two higher than that. Well, it didn't, but that's ok with me. It's a great looking card and I will definitely take it for less than a dollar.


This is the second card I've bought that's part of this set, but the other one was for my Howard PC so this is really the first one I can knock off the want list. At this point, I've got just one of the 36 in the set. Now I just need to start tracking down the other 35.

The worst part about building this set is going to be tracking down the Crosby that's consistently been on eBay with BIN's in the $50 range. Plus, he's the last player I want as part of my collection, but sometimes you have to deal with that to complete a set, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment