Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pack Break: 2006-07 Hot Prospects

Since I don't have anything else to write about until my latest eBay purchase and trade pickups arrive, I thought I would share another one of the twelve packs from the Target value box. Today we have a pack of 2006-07 Hot Prospects, a product that I don't ever remember opening before. 

The wrapper says "find autographed rookie patch cards numbered to 599 or less" but we all know that will never happen coming from a retail pack, right? As you could probably have predicted, I did end up with all base this time around.


Up first we have this one featuring former Red Wing Sergei Fedorov, although here he is pictured during his time with the Blue Jackets. I will always remember him as part of the three Red Wings Stanley Cup teams between 1997 and 2002. He played a big part in all three of those championship runs.


The next one was this Tomas Vokoun from his days with the Nashville Predators. One thing I will say about this card is that I love those old Predators jerseys. I had a white one as a kid and loved to wear it. Now I only have the dark blue, but still wear it out once is a while.


Next we have Teemu Selanne pictured with the Anaheim Ducks. On the topic of jerseys, I think this incarnation of the Ducks uniform is one of the worst in the history of the league. I mean come on, they couldn't have just gone with the giant "D" from the start?


Last we have former Coyote Jeremy Roenick. It's weird seeing him in the redesigned Coyotes jerseys, as I will always remember him from his days with Phoenix in the late 90's, especially from the playoff series between Phoenix and Detroit during the Wings' 98 Cup run.


That's it, just four pretty nice looking, and feeling, base cards. I have to say the design is not all that bad. I really like the little stylized "HP" logo in the center. The way the background of the image is tinted to match the team color is also pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. Selanne, Fedorov and Roenick...that sounds more like a pack from the early '90s than from 2006-07!

    ReplyDelete