Friday, August 31, 2012

Patrik Stefan: Card Show Pickups

One thing I was looking forward to at the last Gibraltar show was finding some Patrik Stefan stuff on the cheap for my newly started player collection. I figured that since he is not the most collected player in the world and that he was never a Red Wing, I could get a great deal. Well I did manage to find a few things, and that's what today's post is all about.

I'll start with the best of what I came home with, a 99-00 BAP Millennium Signature Series gold autograph. This one I found in a box of priced-as-marked inserts for just $3. Not bad considering I would've likely paid that much just to ship something from eBay anyway.


That was the first auto I got for the PC, now it's time for the first jersey card. I found this one in a binder full of miscellaneous inserts. I had actually never seen this set before and after seeing the price was just $1.50, I couldn't pass it up, even if it is just a plain white swatch.


That's it for the good stuff. The rest was just base, inserts, and a few base rookie cards. The first of which was this one from 2001-02 Atomic, a set that I actually really like. It's printed on a nice thick and shiny card stock with the team logo die cut out of the corner of the card. These cards always tend to stand out in a quarter box.


Next is one of the rookies from 1999-00 Pacific Paramount.


Then there was this RC from 1999-00 Pacific Prism.


Followed by this RC from 1999-00 Topps Stadium Club.


The last RC was this one from 1999-00 Wayne Gretzky Hockey.


Time for a couple of inserts now. The first was this Gold Medallion from 2005-06 Fleer Ultra.


The last one was this Power Play insert from 2001-02 Atomic.


This makes for 9 new additions to the PC, not bad for the first time being on the lookout for this stuff at a show, right? There is actually a ton of stuff out there for Stefan between 1999-00 and 2005-06, so it should be fun to try and track it all down. 

The best part is that it's a fixed checklist, unless someone decides to include him as a Thrasher in a new set, which I'd say is about as likely as the Blue Jackets winning the Cup anytime soon. Anyway, after this I'm waiting on a couple of Stefan eBay pickups, so stay tuned for those.

No comments:

Post a Comment