Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Patrik Stefan: eBay Pickups

One of the things I love about having a PC player from the early 2000's is the variety of cards that were out at the time. I've been doing daily searches on eBay for Stefan stuff and have come across a bunch of sets and subsets I've never even seen before. On the plus side, his stuff is dirt cheap compared to Jimmy Howard collection.

In these searches I came across a few things that I thought were great deals. The first comes from a pretty important set from back in the day when BAP was still around. It's a game-used stick card from the inaugural edition of Ultimate Memorabilia. 


This is the only the second slabbed card I've added to my collection. They're pretty neat to have in the PC, but the one thing I don't like about them is that it's difficult to get a decent quality scan, unless there's something I'm missing. Any tips on scanning these suckers?
  
The other was this game-used stick card from 2001-02 Upper Deck MVP. It's got a plain wood grain stick piece, which is not all bad, but still not as cool as the Ultimate piece above.


That's it for today, two new additions to the memorabilia portion of my Patrik Stefan collection. I now actually have more game-used stick cards than game-used jersey cards of his, granted it's only a 2-to-1 count at this point. In case you were wondering, I paid $3 including shipping for the MVP and just $6 including shipping for the Ultimate.

1 comment:

  1. Those two for less than $10 bucks........SOLID.

    Looks like a fun pc. I'll have to do some sifting to see what I can find.

    ReplyDelete