Monday, October 1, 2012

Captured on Cardboard #12: Steve Yzerman

Among the many dime box pickups from my last Gibraltar show was this gem for my Captured on Cardboard side project. I actually had this card in my hand at the last show, but decided not to get it for some reason. Not sure why, but at least I have it now, right?

Anyway, if you can't tell what this one's about just by seeing the picture, it features Yzerman's epic Game 7 double-overtime goal against Jon Casey and the St. Louis blues during the 1996 Stanley Cup Playoffs. Here's a look at the card:


Now, here's a look at the video from YouTube:


It's hard to get an exact read on the puck in the video, but it looks like the shot on the card was taken around the 0:11 mark. There's an almost dead-on perfect copy of the picture at around the 3:54 mark if you want to watch that far. 

1 comment:

  1. God - what a horrid reminder of those crappy Blues sweaters. ICK!

    ReplyDelete