Monday, January 14, 2013

Thoughts: ITG Motown Madness

I can't remember the last time I was actually excited about an upcoming product release, but a new set due out next month has me thinking about actually going out and buying a brand new box of cards. That product would be ITG Motown Madness. Not only does this product celebrate my favorite hockey team, it features two of my main PC guys: Jimmy Howard and Dominik Hasek. Click here for a link to a post on the ITG site about this set.

Here's a look at Howard's base card from the set:


I love the look of the base set, other than the obvious fact that the real Red Wings logo is absent. While they get as close as possible without using the actual logo, it's the only downside to this set. Otherwise it's just awesome. I love the Detroit skyline in the background and the way the players picture pops out of the circular window.

As far as the rest of what's been shown in the set so far, I have to say I really like the Goaltenders and Tough Materials jersey cards. 


I know not everyone is going to be into this set as a lot of people can't stand the Wings. Me on the other hand, I can't wait for this set to come out. Even if I don't end up getting a box right away, I'm definitely looking forward to grabbing some singles. 

Anyone else a fan of this set? Anyone not care for it at all? After all this is a thoughts post and I've given mine, so what are yours?

3 comments:

  1. I'm interested to see what the auto set looks like. ITG has done some fine work with them in the past.

    I expect a pretty robust and eclectic checklist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's what the ITG site says about the autos: "The Autograph Card checklist will feature over 100 different players including; Gordie Howe, Steve Yzerman, Nicklas Lidstrom. Chris Osgood, Norm Ullman, Ted Lindsay, Dominik Hasek, Ed Giacomin, Danny Gare, Marcel Pronovost, Darren McCarty and many, many more"

      Delete
  2. I'm super excited for the product. ITG is awesome. I love the Wings and will buy boxes of this.

    ReplyDelete