Sunday, March 17, 2013

Dominik Hasek: SCF Trade Pickups

Along with all the Jimmy Howard cards I showed off in my last post, the recent trades I made over on SCF brought in some cool new base cards for my Hasek collection. I've found that trading like this is a good way to get a bunch of base cards you're looking for instead of trying to buy them as singles. On the plus side, swapping base for base is a good way to get rid of unwanted cards that have been sitting around for years now.

Let's start things off with one from 2003-04 Topps C55. I don't really know all that much about this set other than it's based on one from way back in 1911-12. Click here to see an example of one of these originals.


The next one comes from 2007-08 ICE from Upper Deck. This is definitely one of the less impressive ICE designs if you ask me. I miss the days when this set was actually printed on the acetate material, which made so much more sense with the name of the set.


Here's one from a set that I know almost nothing about, 2003-04 Upper Deck Classic Portraits. That said, it's a really nice looking base design. The only thing I don't like about this particular card is that it seems like Hasek's picture is a bit off-center, which is really noticeable with the darker red background in the middle of the card.


Next is one from one of the Titanium sets I was into back in the day, the 2003-04 edition in this case. I like the simpleness of the design with the text at the bottom, the logo in the upper left, and a large team logo splashed on the background.


Last we have one from 2012-13 Black Diamond. I like how they decided to use a picture of Hasek from back in the day on this one. Other than his time with the Wings, I will always remember him wearing this Sabres look during the late 90's when he was my favorite player.


Definitely got a nice variety out of these five cards. A couple of them are the first cards I've ever gotten from their respective sets, so that's always cool. My favorite is probably the Topps C55 just because of the old school looking air brush effect on it. These five bring the Hasek base card total to 89, which is the most among my three player collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment