Monday, March 18, 2013

Red Wings: SCF Trade Pickups

I love when I can work a bunch of my PC projects into a trade and I was able to do that with the two I made recently over on SCF. One of the traders had a bunch of cool Wings cards on their list, so I sent a bunch of unwanted Rangers stuff their way in return for them.

The first and my favorite is this Diamond Cut Sergei Fedorov from 1999-00 Black Diamond. Gotta love the hair! As far as the card itself, I knew these were out there but never actually owned one until now, so that's kind of cool.


Up next is another cool insert from the mid-90's. It comes from the 1995-96 SkyBox Impact Ice Quake set. Try saying that five times fast. Its got a cool silver foil background that is blurred to isolate the player photo, which is actually a pretty neat looking effect.


This next one comes from a set that I haven't seen before, 1998-99 SPx Lasting Impressions. The card features Sergei Fedorov, but the picture is pretty crowded with Anders Eriksson on the left and Steve Yzerman on the right.


Here's another insert set that I had never seen before. Its a Sergei Fedorov from the 1994-95 Fleer Ultra Speed Merchant set. I like how they incorporated the checkered flag effect on the left side of the card along with the blur effect on the right. Definitely makes you think of speed, doesn't it?


Finally, we have something a bit more modern with this Niklas Kronwall rookie card from 2003-04 Topps. I kind of miss Topps being in the hockey card world, as they had some rather nice set designs back in the day before the first lockout.


That's it for now. I do have a few more things to show off from these two trades, but that will have to wait for another day. I'll give you a hint, one of them is another Wings card, but I chose to put that with the project I associate it with more.

No comments:

Post a Comment