Monday, April 29, 2013

Jimmy Howard: A Pair of Parallels

Gotta love coming home from work to another bubble mailer and knowing what's waiting inside. These two additions to my Jimmy Howard collection once again come from the bay thanks to another great deal. The second was actually just a "bonus" to the first one which was in the title of the listing. I got both for just $1.99 plus shipping.

The first and more limited of the two comes from 2012-13 Panini Limited, specifically the silver version of the base set. It is clearly serial numbered 18/49 in the upper left corner. I have to say I love the look of this set in person. The only thing that would make this card better would be Howard shown in the home red jersey.


The second one is an unnumbered red hot parallel from 2010-11 Panini Zenith. This card looks so much better than the scan. Its really cool to see the different ways it reflects light off the surface. I'm definitely glad they went with the road white on this one.


The cool thing about this one is that it completes another rainbow for my Howard collection. Here is a look at it alongside the base and white hot parallel.


Who doesn't love rainbows? This one may not be the greatest with all the 1 of 1's out there, but its still a pretty neat accomplishment for a player collector like me. This makes two of these now, the other being from 2010-11 Victory.

I've got a few others rainbows like this started, but none are that close to completion yet. The only one I really want to finish is 2010-11 Black Diamond, where I already have the platinum 1 of 1 and just need the gold version to finish it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment