Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pack Break: 2009-10 MVP

Let's get back into the packs that came out of the Meijer mystery cube I bought recently. The fourth pack I opened was from 2009-10 MVP, which I have opened several of in the past. I never got anything spectacular and expected more of the same here. 

The main draw for any of the MVP sets has been the script parallels, and in this case there are golds numbered to 100 and supers numbers to 25 like previous iterations. Not sure if you can even get these from retail pack though, anyone know either way?

First, here's a look again at the wrapper:


Here's a look at what was inside:


As expected, nothing spectacular, but I did manage to at least get one of the MVP Rookies. I have to say this is one of my least favorite MVP base set designs. I wish they would've never switched to including the silver signatures on the base cards, what was wrong with the way it used to be? Would you prefer the base cards to have nothing but the MVP logo?

4 comments:

  1. I think I remember pulling that same exact pack....sorry to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a surprise. I've pulled the exact same thing in two packs in a row before...

      Delete
  2. NEVER like the base cards of MVP at least in 2012-13 is the best. But for the 2009-10 year thy are terrible. The Rookies are not bad though. I was debating collecting the rookies and I have 9 already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't people get tired of seeing Squidney on the wrapper for everything?

    ReplyDelete