Thursday, June 26, 2014

Card Show This Weekend

Without going back through my older posts on here, I honestly can't remember the last time I made it out to an actual card show. I checked and its been since early 2013 now, so over a year. I guess I've just been preoccupied with other things like work, family and my other new hobby of model railroading. I've actually gone to three train shows since then, so its time to get back at this card show thing again.

For whatever reason lately I've been into just looking at various cards in my collection when I'm in my man cave and not working on my model railroad projects. That got me thinking that it would be nice to get out and raid some dime and quarter boxes to see what I can add to my various collecting projects (Captured on Cardboard, Goaltending Gallimaufry, etc). 

As of right now, I am planning on going to the show I've been hitting up for years, the Gibraltar Trade Center. They have monthly shows and the turnout is usually pretty good and I always manage to find something I either need or want. 


I plan on taking $20 with me, so no big ticket items this time. I will focus on the dime and quarter boxes and see just how far the $20 can take me. I've found over the last few years that I get the most enjoyment out of buying cheaper singles like this. There is just so much out there and most people couldn't care less about the base cards anymore, so they are always on the cheap side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment