Monday, June 2, 2014

Goaltending Gallimaufry: Back In Action

Gallimaufry [gal-uh-maw-free] A hodgepodge; jumble; confused medley.

Wow, it's been over a year since I did a post for this project. Time really does fly by doesn't it? I've actually got a small stack of cards for this set aside, I just never really got around to scanning them. Now that I have a bit more free time for my cards and this blog, I figured why not get a couple more scanned and posted?

The first one for today is from 2001-02 Topps and features former Kings goaltender Felix Potvin. He is shown wearing the Kings purple jersey with equipment from his time with the Vancouver Canucks (back when their colors were blue, silver and red). The key here though is the mask. You can definitely see the red from the Canucks colors, which obviously clashes with the purple, silver, and black of the Kings colors. 


Up next we have one from 2010-11 Upper Deck Victory. It features current Montreal and former Tampa Bay goaltender Dustin Tokarski. He is shown wearing Tampa's road white jersey with a mask from his time with the Spokane Chiefs of the WHL. The large "S" on the side and the red colors are the obvious mismatch. Not sure if any of his other gear was mismatched because you can't see any of it on this card. 


That's two more cards for the project bringing the total to 163. I'm getting close and closer to the 200 mark and hopefully I'll be able to get there this year. This is one of the projects that has me really wanting to go out to a card show just so I can raid the dime and quarter boxes. Those are great places for these cards.

Goaltending Gallimaufry Count: 163

No comments:

Post a Comment