Friday, July 4, 2014

Jimmy Howard: Card Show Pickups

I was hoping to get to this by now, but I've just been way too busy at home to find any time until now. Anyway, in my last post I mentioned that I was able to get four new Howard's at the Gibraltar show last weekend. I think I got a pretty good deal on them at just $10 for the lot. Not bad considering I didn't have to pay almost $3 each to have them shipped to me. That puts them at $2.50 a piece, a sweet deal considering this show was in metro Detroit. 

The first one and my favorite of the bunch comes from 2013-14 Totally Certified from Panini. I recently bought a mirror gold parallel from this set and knew I needed a few more colors to get started on the entire rainbow. This one is technically a mirror platinum red according to Beckett. It is serial numbered 12/25 on the back of the card. 


Up next is another parallel Panini, this time a blue from 2013-14 Prizm. I'm assuming this is just the regular blue and not the blue Pulsar parallel, so correct me if I am wrong on that. It is not serial numbered and has a rainbow tint to it when you hold it up to the light. Another nice looking parallel for my collection. Definitely like the contrast between blue and red. 


Now it's time to switch over to Upper Deck. This one comes from the Shining Stars insert set from 2013-14 Upper Deck series one. Apparently this one is the parallel rainbow version that falls 1:144 fat packs according to Cardboard Connection. If that's the case, then I definitely got a great deal. I thought I was just buying a plain old insert card, not a rare parallel version of one. A quick look on eBay and I've save more than $10 on this one. 


Last but not least we have another cool insert from Panini. This one is a Freezers card from 2013-14 Select. It's printed on a really thick foil board and is definitely shiny. It's got a simple design and has a nice closeup of Jimmy's mask from last season. Gotta love the burst effect coming out of the background too. 


After finding a deal like this, I definitely want to get out and hit up some more card shows this summer. I may not always be able to come away with stuff like this, but you never know unless you check it out, right? Now that I have these four scanned and posted, I can get onto the rest of the huge stack of cards I brought home from the show. Stay tuned for more updates in the coming days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment