Sunday, April 17, 2016

Refocusing My Collection Again

Now that I'm kind of back into the whole card collecting thing for the time being, I have decided to slightly adjust the focus of my collection, again. I've done this before and it helps keep things interesting after an extended absence. I haven't bought cards on a regular basis for almost a year now, so this should also help me ease back into things. 

This list is what I plan to focus on from this point forward. It's basically the same as what I had been doing, just with a couple of additions.

1) MVP Stanley Cup Edition Parallels (Silver, Gold, and Super Script)
2) Goalies (Base, Inserts, Parallels, Mask Cards, etc.)
3) Red Wings (Base, Inserts, Parallels, etc.)
4) Side Projects (Goaltending Gallimaufry, Duplicity, Captured on Cardboard)
5) Jimmy Howard (Base, Inserts, Parallels, etc.)
6) Dominik Hasek (Base, Inserts, Parallels, etc.)


I've added goalies to my priority list because it has always been my favorite position and there are just so many cool goalie cards out there. Even the base cards are great just because of getting to see all of the unique equipment and masks. Just looking through one of my boxes of unsorted base cards I found a stack of about 200 goalie cards and I really enjoyed just flipping through them. I'll have to see how many more I can find here.


I've also added my Hasek collection back into the mix. I was actively looking for his cards at one point in time, but lost interest and never ending up doing anything else with it. I kept all of the cards and plan to focus on base cards, inserts, and parallels. Hasek has so many cards out there and he seems to keep getting new ones even now, so there will be plenty for me to find. He was my favorite player when I was a kid, so it's kind of neat to get his cards from the late 90's and early 00's. 

I know none of this is really set in stone, but it will help keep my focused. After deciding to go after goalie stuff in general, I actually just made my first card related eBay purchase since June of last year. That was for a nearly complete set of goalie cards from the early 00's, a time when I was into hockey more than anything, so a lot of the names are very familiar to me. I can't wait for it to arrive so I can start scanning and showing them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment