Sunday, June 12, 2016

Red Wings: Trade Pickups (Part 2)

My last post highlighted some of the Red Wings stuff I received from a recent trade. This post will be more of the same as I go through some more of the great stuff I got from Marc B. a little while back. Since the trade was a ton of cards going each way, I have a lot of neat things to show off here, so I will just jump right into it. 

It was hard to pick a favorite out of all the remaining base and inserts, but this UD promo card of Henrik Zetterberg from 2005-06 Upper Deck is it. I've never seen promos before for this set and the stamp is done in red foil so it looks that much better on a Red Wings card. 


Up next is a sweet die-cut from 1999-00 Omega Electro-Optical Portraits. Its hard to tell from the scan, but there are a ton of tiny holes cut through the portrait on the right side of the card. This is one of many great looking inserts sets from the good old Pacific Days.


Then there was this Marian Hossa from 2008-09 Upper Deck. Hossa was a player I really liked during his time with the Wings. I wish they would've have kept him around back when it was decided that Johan Franzen was more important.


Another Hossa just because. This one is from 2008-09 UD Collector's Choice.


Back to Pacifc again. This Nicklas Lidstrom is from 2001-02 Private Stock.


Another LIdstrom, this time from 2005-06 Parkhurst. There were several of these cards included, which is nice because I never had any Wings from this set until now.


Another Pacific, this time from one of my favorites sets of theirs: 1998-99 Dynagon Ice.


Jumping forward a bit, this Datsyuk is from 2014-15 OPC. I love the overall look of this card with a nicely centered action shot and the unique accent colors.


This last one featuring Chris Osgood comes from 2001-02 Heads Up and has a crazy rainbow foil background that does not show up very well in the scan.


That's it for now. I think I will show off some more of these in nice card batches since those are easy to pop into the scanner all at the same time. There are so many more cards to get to that it might take me a few posts to do so. Thanks again Marc for the great trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment