Thursday, August 10, 2017

MVP Stanley Cup Edition Update

Now that I am back into blogging about cards, at least for now, I thought it would be good idea to do an overall update on the progress of my MVP Stanley Cup Edition project. I've been working on this project one way or another for 17 years now, so it will be nice to have an update like this at a fixed point in time so I can look back at it in the future. 


At one point, I decided to start working on a master set including all the inserts, autos and memorabilia cards, but since then I've backed off a bit from that goal to just pursue the Silver, Gold and Super script parallels. After all, those are what really got me into this set.

For anyone that hasn't read my posts back in 2009, I've been into this set since it came out all because of the Dominik Hasek card shown below. He was my favorite player in the late 90's and early 00's and that made pulling this card from a pack that much more exciting. This card immediately became the centerpiece of my collection.


Just pulling this would have been enough for me with Hasek being my favorite player and all. However, I was lucky enough to pull a second one from another pack, this time featuring Alexei Kovalev of the Pittsburgh Penguins. Those two cards were my favorites for a very long time and I still enjoy looking at them 17 years later.

As of writing this post, I have managed to put together 258 of a possible 660 script parallels, which is just under 40% of way there. Of those 258, I've been able to create several complete Rainbows including the base cards. Here's a look at some of them:


If you have any of these script parallels you're looking to get rid of, feel free to leave a comment below as I would definitely be open to making some new trades. I don't really have a want list, I just know which ones I already have.

On a side note, now that I'm more actively searching eBay again, I was lucky enough to find and win a lot of 20 unopened packs of this stuff. I know buying loose packs like this could be a gamble, but that's ok with me as I only ended up paying $15 including shipping.


I know I'm going to end up with a ton of base cards that I already probably have two or three copies of, but that's alright with me if I have a chance an pulling some of the script parallels. As soon as I have a chance to get these opened and sorted I'll post an update with anything new for my set project.

No comments:

Post a Comment