Thursday, September 14, 2017

Red Wings: 50/50 Trade Pickups

In my never ending quest for Red Wings cards, I was lucky enough to get quite a few from Chris at The Collector as part of our recent 50/50 trade. There was a nice mix of recent Red Wings and I've decided to show them all off here in one post. 

The best of the bunch was this Pavel Datsyuk Shining Stars from 2015-16 Upper Deck. Looking at COMC, this appears to to be the Royal Blue version. I didn't even know there were different versions of these things. This is definitely the nicer looking version.
 

Up next is a run of 2013-14 Score cards. The first one features Damien Brunner. I really like watching him play for the Wings and will always remember the OT goal he scored against the Ducks during Game 4 of the 2013 playoffs. Here is a link to the replay.


Then there was this one featuring Johan Franzen. This has a great action shot of Franzen shooting the puck right toward the camera.


Continuing the trend of home jerseys, this one features Kyle Quincey during his second stint with the Red Wings. They originally drafted him, but he spent some time with the Kings and Avalanche before returning to Detroit in 2012.


Here is one featuring Mikael Samuelsson. I will always remember him for scoring the first goal of the 2008 Stanley Cup Final against the Penguins with a sweet wrap around.


The last of the regular Score cards is this Hot Rookies card featuring defenseman Brian Lashoff. He was part of the dual RC class as evident by the logo in the upper right corner. 

 

In addition to the Score base cards, there were a few gold parallels included. The first was this one featuring Justin Abdelkader. You can also see just a tiny bit of Jimmy Howard in the background. I've seen some others turn that into a project in itself for their main guys.


Jordin Tootoo is another player that was a lot of fun to watch while he was with the Red Wings. He may not have been the most talented, but he added some grit to the team and that is never a bad thing. It's also nice that he was able to wear the #22 in Detroit. 


The last of the golds is this one featuring Brendan Smith. It is another nice horizontal image and would look even better if the referee hadn't been in the background.


Finally we have this Kris Draper from 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee Chrome. This is a great looking card in person and does not scan all that well. I don't have many Wings cards from this set, so it was nice to get one as part of this package.


That's it for the 50/50 trade. I love that I was able to stretch it out to four separate posts on here. For just a few bucks in postage and a stack of cards that I didn't even need I was able to get some great stuff for my collection and have some fun writing about it.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I'd known about your blog before I gave away 25k hockey cards. I could have put a beautiful care package together for you. I'm not buying much modern, but I will see if I have any Wings cards still hanging around.

    -kin
    ifeellikeacollectoragain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete