Thursday, December 21, 2017

Goaltending Gallimaufry: Cujo

Gallimaufry [gal-uh-maw-free] A hodgepodge; jumble; confused medley.

It's been a few months now since I've been able to post one of these. This is still one of my favorite collecting projects and I love finding new cards to add to it. I was able to make this latest addition thanks to Chris over at The Collector. I was lucky enough to win the 50/50 contest recently and this was part of the package he sent my way. Thanks Chris!

This card from 2015-16 Upper Deck SP Authentic is one that features one of the equipment mismatches that made me think of this project in the first place. You can maybe get away with some very minor black accents or trim with the Red Wings uniforms, but is a little extreme. The pads are half black and stick out like a sore thumb.


I find it kind of odd that this was the picture they chose to use considering there was plenty of time for Cujo in Detroit where he had normal looking pads. I guess I shouldn't complain though since this card fits perfectly into this project. I wonder how many more there are like this. I believe I only have one other one at this point.

Goaltending Gallimaufry Count: 191

1 comment: